MARKETING STRATEGY

MACEFCOOP Ltd has been marketing 70% of cocoa and robusta coffee collected from members mainly to Fairtrade buying organisations in Europe and the United Kingdom. The other 30% goes to the local buyers.

MACEFCOOP Ltd wishes to expand on its export trade

With increased membership, strengthened organisational capacity, improved financial situation and experience in marketing, MACEFCOOP Ltd wishes increase the volume of its trade and hopes to increase export to Fairtrade buyers by 50% in 2007 and by 100% in the local market by the same year.

ACCESS TO SERVICES

Regional offices to bring the services of the cooperative closer to the members will be located in the following villages:

REGIONAL OFFICE LOCATION

SECTIONS CONCERNED

EYANG

Ndi-Obang, Nchemti-Obang, Eyang and Nkockenock.

TINTO

Nchemti, Tinto and Mbang.

BACHUO-AKAGBE

Kendem, Akagbe and Ntai

NCHANG

Mamfé/Akwaya and Ejagham

EYUMOJOCK

Eyumojock area

A committee to implement and supervise the activities of the region in relation to the society and with the technical guidance of the regional manager will be formed by the board member and section chairperson of each section that comprises the region. The section finance committee chairpersons of the various sections that also comprise the region will carry out supervision. These committees will elect their chairpersons during their first meeting. A report of the activities of the regional committee shall be forwarded to the Board of the society. The regional offices will be the seat of these meetings. The implementation committee will employ any staff required to assist the regional manager to carry out their activities. It is proposed that the regions may be converted to primary societies, possibly at the end of 2007.

MARKETING PLAN

The society plans to:

Increase the volumes of produce sold under Fairtrade terms

Invest in production, processing and storage facilities including equipment and materials

Build good relationships with buyers and support organisations

Improve efficiency to increase the ability to compete with other organisations

Continue member and staff training to improve organisational and professional capacities Click to see Execution chart

The cooperative year starts in January and ends in December.